Working Student Embedded / Things Developer
As switching devices on and off is just the beginning our next step on the way to make every device smart is to get our technology into various products: We will build and sell a fully fledged IoT stack for other device manufacturers. We want to make products intelligent and bring great features to the customer. We want to transform manufacturers' business models by providing new technology helping them to differentiate from the competition.
We are a team of three founders with backgrounds in electronics, business administration, aerodynamics, mechanical engineering, software development, cloud infrastructure and design. Now we are looking for Parce's first employees who share the vision, want to apply themselves and help to shape the future of Parce.
Our target is to build a highly scalable and reliable platform. For this we use the best technology and are constantly evaluating new stuff. Expect to work a lot with Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Redis or Kafka! Still in some cases we use good ol' PostgreSQL. To build solid services we rely on automated tests and continuous integration. We use the products we build for our customers ourselves. This allows us to leverage the great technology we are building but also feel our customers' pain and know exactly what should be improved.
As your work will have lots of touch points to the infrastructure you will work closely with our cloud infrastructure developers. They are responsible for the low-level stuff and care about VMs, networks, routing etc. However the distinction between the IoT Platform Developer and a Cloud Infrastructure Developer is fuzzy. If you are not afraid of virtualization, containers and networks, you will learn a lot for sure!
We want you to help shaping to future of Parce. The success of Parce is not possible without great employees. We want you to participate in the company's success and provide stock options to every new employee.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, electronics or similar, or already have experience with programming embedded systems
- Good communication skills and fluency in English (German is a plus)
- You are able to explain complex technology and like to share knowledge with your peers
- You already have designed your own PCBs and have experience with programming microcontrollers
- Good knowledge in C
- Interest in Internet of Things technology and connectivity (MQTT, CoAP etc.) as well as networks (WiFi, BLE, 3G/4G)
- You like to work with cutting edge technology
- Experience in programming webservices is a plus